I spent a most enjoyable eleven days traveling and visiting with friends who are really more like family. I spent the first four days of my trip in Barcelona with Momo. It was especially wonderful to get away from the snowpocalypse that has sucked the life out of my home state.
Barcelona in pictures:
The "Arc de Triumf" near our Hostal. Much smaller yet prettier than the Parisian version.
Self-explanatory: a sailboat and myself
La Sagrada Famiglia. Construction began in 1885 and won't be finished until 2026!
The "W" Hotel is shaped like a sail.
FC Barcelona Stadium
Out on a sunny day overlooking Barcelona...
On the cable car above Barcelona
Enjoying the view and the beautiful, yet windy, weather.
My favorite things about Barcelona:
- The people didn't make me feel (too) bad about speaking English.
- Eating dinner at 10:00pm and being a part of the "early crowd".
- Parc Guell with the excellent view of the city and architecture by Gaudi.
- Sunshine in February! (Rain, too, is better than snow with temps above 50 degrees Fahrenheit).
- Barcelona is a walkable city with a clean metro system. Au contraire, Paris is a semi-walkable city with a famous métro system containing bacteria never found anywhere else in the world.
While I spent almost half of my trip in Paris, I really didn't take any pictures. I think I had worn myself out from the hundreds I seem to have taken in Spain.